João Pedro Craveiro
I am a junior researcher at the Large-Scale Informatics Systems Laboratory (LaSIGE), Lisbon, Portugal, where I'm working with Prof. José Rufino on my PhD thesis entitled Real-time scheduling in multicore time- and space-partitioned architectures. I received my MSc (2009) and BSc (2007) degrees from the University of Lisbon, both in Informatics Engineering. My main research interests are in the area of embedded and real-time systems, more specifically time- and space-partitioned architectures for aerospace systems and compositional analysis of hierarchical scheduling frameworks. I've co-authored several refereed publications on these topics.
I love solving problems; here's how I'm doing at Project Euler:
- HOT! Sep. 2013 Paper Safety Kernel for Cooperative Sensor-Based Systems presented at ASCoMS (co-located with Safecomp 2013, Toulouse, France).
- HOT! Sep. 2013 I have already handed in my PhD dissertation. I am currently preparing the (yet not scheduled) defense, and writing journal articles based on parts of the work therein described.
- Aug. 2013 Mike Holenderski's Grasp trace visualization tool has a new version, with a contribution by me.
- July 2013 Two extended abstracts, “Global Laxity-Based Scheduling on Multiprocessor Resource Reservations” and “Uniform Multiprocessor Periodic Resource model”, were presented at RTSOPS 2013 (co-located with ECRTS 2013, Paris, France). The latter is a report on the progress made upon the open problem presented at RTSOPS 2012.
- Mar. 2013 Guest lecture on Multiprocessor Real-Time Scheduling for the DI-FCUL M.Sc.-level course on embedded and real-time systems.
- Dec. 2012 Technical report “Towards Compositional Hierarchical Scheduling Frameworks on Uniform Multiprocessors” published as DI-FCUL TR-2012-08.
- Dec. 2012 Project READAPT (Reconfigurability and Adaptability in Safe and Secure Multicore Architectures for Mixed-Criticality Applications) approved for funding by Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT, the Portuguese national science foundation).
LaSIGE - Departamento de Informática/FCUL
Campo Grande, Ed. C6, Piso 3, Sala 6.3.29
[ GPS: N38° 45' 19.44" W9° 9' 29.034" - map ]
Phone: (+351) 21 750 02 47 (internal: 26329)
(I strongly prefer email.)
- I am able to write correctly in Portuguese (yes, apparently this is a special extra skill nowadays), using the spelling of both before and after the 1990 spelling reform, but I will use the new ortography in contexts where such a thing is mandatory. Keep reading for what I think (and what I do not think) about the 1990 Portuguese spelling reform, and spelling mistakes in general.
- Writing and speaking Science: tips and common mistakes to avoid
- Advice on how to “sell” yourself on LinkedIn (and why, if you're not on LinkedIn, you're not trying enough).